General George E. Pickett's 188th Birthday Commemoration
Come join us at the
on January 12, 2013, as we remember the 188th anniversary of the birth of General George E. Pickett, CSA. We will join together at his monument on Gettysburg Hill in Hollywood Cemetery at 11:00 a.m. Afterward, we will drive the short distance to Capital Ale House, 623 E. Main Street for a banquet lunch. All welcomed!
Our speaker, noted local historian Bill Rhoades, lives on the site of Turkey Island Plantation, three homes away from the home built by George Pickett after the war. Bill's ardent interest in local history, most particularly that of Turkey Island and its historic residents, has led him to some enlightening information and new findings about the architectural history of the plantation. This past November 16th, Bill gave a presentation on the subject at the Virginia Historical Society. His presentation includes slides, some not viewed until recently, other graphics and oral interpretations. Bill knows facts about Turkey Island and he will share all of them with us on January 12th.
- Appetizers will include sausage and cheese plates and brochette with roasted red peppers, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and garlic.
- Each guest will select either soup or salad and choose from the following selection:
- Stuffed Chicken - a seasoned chicken breast stuffed with spinach, chorizo sausage and feta cheese, pan-seared and topped with a pale ale-sweet mustard sauce or;
- Beer-B-Cued Ribs - A half rack of St. Louis cut ribs, dry rubbed, slow cooked and basted with malted barley beer-b-cue sauce or;
- Seafood Pasta - Sautéed fresh oysters, mussels, clams and shrimp over linguini tossed in a white wine and garlic sauce or;
- Filet Cut Sirloin Steak - A grilled, twelve ounce Certified Angus beef steak rubbed with a blend of seasonings and topped with grilled onions and cilantro butter.
- Guests will choose one from two choices of desserts.
All welcomed! Please make your reservation to be with us at General Pickett's 188th by mailing your check payable to The Pickett Society at 3126 W. Cary St., #418, Richmond, VA 23221 The cost for members is $42. The cost for non-members is $48.
We must receive your reservation no later than January 5, 2013.
This page is http://www.pickettsociety.org/
Users are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell any materials from this website in either machine-readable form or any other form without permission of The Pickett Society or payment of the appropriate royalty for reuse.
Last modified: 1/27/13
For more information about the Pickett Society, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make comments about this page, please contact the Webmaster at email@example.com.